- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
The Town of Kiowa Municipal Court provides citizens with a fair and impartial court of law by interpreting and adjudicating applicable state laws and city ordinances.
Our pledge is to uphold this commitment and offer courteous customer service to all citizens.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to pay your fine
You have four options to pay.
1) You can pay in our office at 813 S Harrison St, Kiowa, OK 74553. You can pay with Cash, Money Order or Cashier's Check.
2) You can mail in your payment to Kiowa Court Clerk P.O. Box 69 Kiowa, OK 74553. Please mail in at leat one week prior to court date. We go by date received in the office, not the post marked date on the envelope.
3) You can pay over the phone or in our office with a Debit or Credit Card. If you want to pay by phone, you can call 918-432-6244 or 855-332-7320. There will be a processing fee associated with this payment.
4) You can pay online at www.myfinepayment.com . You will need to put in your Last Name and either your Date of Birth or Citation Number. There will be a processing fee associated with this payment.
When you receive your citation, you are given a court date. You must Pay or Appear. If you have not paid your citation before the court date or made payment arrangements, you must appear.
If you want to contest your citation, you must call the court at 918-432-6244 two weeks prior to the court date. If you do not call, you will not be on the docket.
You must come prepared to pay at least 1/3 of the fine amount when you appear for court.
Payment agreements for fines are divided into three monthly payments. If you want a payment agreement you must contact the court at 918-432-6244 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . The court must receive your completed payment agreement back in the office before it is valid.
Fail to comply w/comp insurance or Fail to Carry Ins
If you have received a citation for Fail to Comply w/Comp Insurance or for Fail to Carry Insurance verification, you must have your Insurance provider email the court firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or fax the court 918-432-5690 before your court date with proof of ins. You must follow up with the clerk to make sure the insurance was received. Do not assume the ticket will be dismissed.
Fail to have Driver's License in possession
If you have received a citation for Fail to have Driver's License in Possession. You must email the court firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com a copy of your current Driver's License. You must follow up with the court to make sure the ticket is dismissed. Do not assume the ticket will be dismissed.
If you have received a citation for Defective Equipment. You have 48 hrs to correct the issue and either bring the vehicle to city hall (813 S Harrison St, Kiowa OK) or email proof of repair to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you do not pay your fine or make payment arrangements before your court day and you do not apprear in court, a $40 FTA & Mail Fee will be added. If you don't pay your fine within two weeks after a FTA is issued, a $200 FTP fee will be added and your license will be suspended. If you don't pay your fine within 90 days of the date of the citation, a warrant will be issued an more fees added.
We do not allow you to use Time Served as payment of your fine.
No, you cannot do community service to pay your fine.